Sabtu, 14 Juli 2018

Sponsored Links

Interstate-Guide: Interstate 10
src: www.interstate-guide.com

Interstate 10 ( I-10 ) is a cross-country cross-country highway on the US Interstate Highway System. It stretches from the Pacific Ocean on California State Route 1 (Pacific Coast Highway) in Santa Monica, California, to I-95 in Jacksonville, Florida. Major cities connecting I-10 with (from west to east) Los Angeles, Phoenix, Tucson, El Paso, San Antonio, Houston, Baton Rouge, New Orleans, and Jacksonville. This highway is part of the planned Interstate Highway network set up in 1956, and the final section was completed in 1990. I-10 is the fourth longest Interstate Highway in the United States, after I-90, I-80, and I -40. About a third of its length is within the state of Texas, where highways reach the country at its widest width.


Video Interstate 10



Deskripsi rute

California

Between the western end of Santa Monica, California, and the junction of East Los Angeles, the I-10 is known as the Santa Monica Freeway. The Santa Monica Freeway is also called the Rosa Parks Freeway for the segment which starts at I-405 (San Diego Freeway), and ends at I-110/SR 110 (Harbor Tol Road). Segment between East Los Angeles Interchange and San Bernardino city, 63 miles (101 km) long, is called Freeway San Bernardino. Other names are for I-10. For example, a sign near the western end of the highway in Santa Monica states this highway is the Transcontinental Tollway of Christopher Columbus.

I-10 is known for its much lower rates as the Veterans Memorial Highway, and is listed as the Blue Star Memorial Highway. In Palm Springs, I-10 is also named Sonny Bono Memorial Freeway as a tribute to the final entertainer who serves as mayor as well as a member of the US Congress. Another long stretch of eastern distance in Indio was proclaimed Doctor Jun McCarroll Memorial Freeway.

Arizona

In Arizona, this highway is designated as the Pearl Harbor Memorial Highway. The passage through Phoenix is ​​named Papago Freeway, and it is a vital part of the metropolitan Phoenix toll system. This appointment starts at LoopÃ, 101, near 99th Avenue, and continues east to the southeastern crossroads of the city center which is the I-17 terminal.

Near Buckeye, the expressway has mile markers posted every 0.2 miles from 112.2 to 110.8 with shields between countries and directions traveling posted on the west path. On the eastbound path, the distance markers from 110.8 to 112.2 do not include the I-10 shield and the direction of travel.

From the southern end of I-17 to the southernmost intersection with LoopÃ, 202, this highway was signed as the Maricopa Toll Road. This name applies also to I-17 from the southern end to Durango Curve on the south of Buckeye Road. From Loop 202 south to I-8 east terminal southeast of Casa Grande, this highway is declared the Pearl Harbor Memorial Highway. The Arizona Transportation Department also has a map showing it as the Maricopa Toll Road, while the American Car Association and other sources show it as Pima Toll Road. The latter name is used on the LoopÃ, 101 stretch of LoopÃ, 202 to I-17.

Between I-17 at Phoenix and I-19 intersection in Tucson, I-10 is included in the federal designated CANAMEX, stretching from Mexico City to Edmonton, Alberta.

In Tucson, between I-10 mileposts 259 and 260 are the interchange slopes connecting I-10 to the northern I-19 terminal.

The highest elevation along I-10 occurs east of Tucson, 20 miles (32 km) west of Willcox, at 320 mile markers out to the Amerind Foundation and the Museum. The I-10 west line briefly crosses over 5,000 feet (1,500 m) above sea level.

New Mexico

In New Mexico, I-10 more or less follows the previous road on Route 80 US (US 80) across the state, although the main part of the US $ 80 is long skipped in the Bootheel of Western New Mexico and in Doo County of County. I-10 passes three Southern New Mexico municipalities with regional significance before crossing with I-25: Lordsburg, Deming, and Las Cruces. Most of the I-10 in New Mexico, between Exit 24 and Exit 135, coincided with US $ 70.

At Lordsburg is the western intersection of US $ 70 and concurrency; both highways are joined along the road to Las Cruces. Some exits between Lordsburg and Deming are for previous towns (including Separ, Quincy, and Gage) or have no city at all.

In Deming is the western intersection of US $ 180, which also forms the concurrency with I-10 to El Paso. Deming north of one mile (1.6 km) at US 180 is New Mexico State Road 26 (NM 26) which serves as a short cut north to I-25 and Albuquerque.

I-10/US $ 70/US 180 goes east to Las Cruces which is the southern tip of I-25. US $ 70 leaves I-10 (before crossing with I-25), headed northeast to Alamogordo, past the north side of Las Cruces. The crossing with the I-25 is exactly south of the campus of New Mexico State University, at the south end of Las Cruces. I-10/USÃ, 180 became equivalent to US $ 85 at the intersection with I-25. I-10/US $ 85/US $ 180 then turn south to the Texas state line, crossing it to Anthony.

Texas

From the state line with New Mexico (at Anthony) to State Highway 20 (SHE, 20) west of El Paso, I-10 is limited by the front of the South Desert for the I-10 East (actually south) and North Desert for lane along I-10 West (heading north). The Interstate then has no front road for nine miles (14 km) but gets them back east of downtown and retains them to Clint. In this stretch, the front road is Gateway East for the eastbound path and the Western Gateway to the west path. The four front roads are one-way streets. Gateway East and Gateway West are well known, in particular, for the liberal use of TxDOT from U-Texas rounds in most of the I-10 underpasses on this stretch.

A small part of I-10 of Loop 1604 to Downtown San Antonio is known as the Northwest Expressway or McDermott Freeway, while other parts of the center to the 1604 East Loop are called the East Expressway or the JosÃÆ'Â © LÃÆ'³pez Freeway.

In Houston, from the western outskirts of Katy to downtown, the I-10 is commonly known as Katy Freeway. It has 26 lines (12 mainlanes, eight access roads and six HOT/HOV mid-highway lines, excluding reverse access roads) and is one of the largest roads in the world. Space for expansion is the right lane of the old Missouri-Kansas-Texas Train. The eastern section of downtown Houston is officially known as the East Freeway, although it is widely known by locals as Baytown East Freeway due to a marketing boost by Baytown, one of the largest cities in the Greater Houston Area.

In Beaumont, it is known as I-10 South, south of Calder Avenue, and I-10 North, north of Calder Avenue. It is known as I-10 East from the I-10 curve to the Neches River, which is the eastern boundary of Beaumont and Jefferson County. Orange County is on the other side. Continuing to Orange County and passing through Orange City in the easternmost tip of Texas, and located at the base of the Sabine River Bridge is the last 10-mile marker in Texas, number 880, before entering Louisiana.

Louisiana

In Louisiana, an 18-mile (29 km) overpass between Lafayette and Baton Rouge is known as the Atchafalaya Swamp Freeway, as it passes through the Atchafalaya River, across the Atchafalaya Bridge, and adjacent swamp. Across the Mississippi River at Horace Wilkinson Bridge. At Lake Charles, a 13-mile (21 km) loop route is signed as an I-210 branch of I-10 and passes through the southern part of the city. I-12 connects Baton Rouge to Slidell and passes jogging south I-10 through New Orleans by staying north of Lake Pontchartrain. In New Orleans, an I-10 stretch of I-10/I-610 Junction near the Orleans-Jefferson parish line to the US 90/US. The 90 Bus Route (US $ 90 Bus) Junction is known as the Pontchartrain Expressway . A dip near I-10/I-610 intersection, to travel under the railroad track, is one of the lowest points in New Orleans, and very vulnerable to flooding. Draw water of dozens of feet deep (several meters) during Hurricane Katrina is common. Near Slidell, the final stretch of I-10 through the Mississippi country line is known as the Stephen Ambrose Memorial Highway.

I-310 and I-510 are part of what is scheduled to be I-410 and act as a bypass south of New Orleans. I-610 is a shortcut from eastern to western New Orleans avoiding the I-10 detour to the Central Business District of New Orleans.

Mississippi

I-10 in Mississippi runs from the state line of Louisiana to the state line of Alabama through Hancock, Harrison and Jackson County on the Gulf Coast. It passes through northern parts of Gulfport and Biloxi as it passes north of Pascagoula and Bay St. Louis. It also passes south of NASA Stennis Space Center. The highway is roughly parallel to US $ 90.

The law that defines the I-10 route is the Mississippi Code Ã,§ 65-3-3.

Alabama

I-10 crossed the border from Jackson County, Mississippi, and passed Mobile County in southwestern Alabama. On Mobile, I-10 is the southern terminal I-65. In downtown Mobile, I-10 through one of several highway tunnels in Alabama, George Wallace Tunnel under the River Moves.

The speed limit of the eastward approach is posted at 40 miles per hour (65 km/h) due to the sharp downward curve approaching the tunnel. The highway then crosses approximately 8 miles (13 km) above the Gulf of Mobile on Jubilee Parkway, a bridge that locals call "Bayway". The highway is next to the Battleship Parkway. On the other side of Mobile Bay, the highway passes through the suburbs of Baldwin County before passing Malbis, Loxley, and then to the Perdido River to cross into Florida.

Florida

Most of the I-10 in Florida travel through some of the least populous areas in the state. Most of I-10 in west I-295 in Jacksonville have only four lanes.

In Jacksonville, as in Arizona, the I-10 is designated the Pearl Harbor Memorial Highway. Throughout much of Florida, I-10 is also State Road 8 (SRÃ, 8), although it is not signed like that. (I-110 in Pensacola known as SRÃ, 8A.)

Maps Interstate 10



History

While the highway has been around since 1957, the last part of the entire route to be completed is part of the Papago Road from both the I-17 intersections (including the Tunnel Park Tunnel) in Phoenix, opened in 1990.

Many widening projects have occurred on the interstate in the late 2000s. In Pensacola, Florida, a stretch of approximately 4.8 km long I-10 was widened into six lines in 2008. In Tallahassee, Florida, construction was completed in June 2009 on a project to expand approximately 8 miles (13a, km) to I- six lanes (eight in some places). In Tucson, Arizona, all exits between Prince Road and 22nd Street reopen after an extensive three-year upgrade project. The I-10 is widened from six to eight lanes, and seven bridges and underground trails have been built to cope with congestion. The I-10 from Interstate 8 intersection at Casa Grande to Marana expanded from four to six lanes from the second half of 2007, to completion in 2009. Also in Arizona, from Verrado Way on Buckeye along the road to Avondale, the state of interstate is widened throughout the end 2000s and early 2010s, with HOV lines added between Estrella Parkway in Goodyear and Loop 101.

Texas previously shared the highest speed limit in the state with part I-15 testing in Utah. The I-10's speed limit from Kerr County to El Paso County was raised by the Texas Legislature up to 75 mph (120 km/h) in 1999 and up to 80 mph (130 km/h) in 2006. However, the maximum night speed limit remains 65 mph (105 km/h), and the daytime truck speed limit is 70 mph (115 km/h). With 70,000 km (110,000 km) of highway in Texas, 432 miles (695 km) of I-10, and 89 miles (143Ã, km) of I-20, between Monahans and I-10 interchange at the top of the Davis Mountains, only a small fraction is affected. As of September 1, 2011, the night speed limit is eliminated, and the maximum speed limit in Texas is increased from 75 to 80 mph (120-130 km/h).

As far back as the 1990s, Florida and Alabama have considered connectors that will connect Dothan, Alabama, with I-10. In 2008, the proposal to create this new toll road became a toll road and accelerated its construction to complete it within five years. In 2012, the federal funds previously set aside for connectors are allocated to other projects. In 2014, Florida looks for offers for a feasibility study.

  • Geographical data is related to Interstate 10 on OpenStreetMap
  • Interstate Guide: I-10

Source of the article : Wikipedia

Comments
0 Comments